SunHydrogen Stock Remastered and Revisited
At the Last Futurist we have a knack for finding startups when they are early on the stock market. Take $HYSR, when we first wrote about this stock back in June 2020, it was $0.025 (2.5 cents). So what’s changed? A huge amount of liquidity has reached the market, and now $HYSR has its own stocktwits as well with 17,500 followers. How quickly things change. The stock hit $0.30 recently, and today rests at $0.17.
Clearly, if you held the position of $0.02, you’d be doing pretty nicely.
We also witnessed a green tech boom in micro cap stocks. $HYSR wasn’t even one of the main beneficiaries of this. The company is still in R&D. It’s the developer of a breakthrough technology to produce renewable hydrogen using sunlight and water.
Today they shared an update and published new, recently taken photos of its Gen 1 demonstration program units being assembled by Suzhou GH New Energy Tech Co. in Suzhou, China.
- Gen 1 program technology uses multi-junction amorphous silicon solar cells and is designed to provide a clear proof of concept and demonstrate the potential for scalable growth and commercial viability of the Gen 2 program.
- If you are bullish on the future of hydrogen, this is a diamond hand position to hold. You will notice it has a China connection now as well.
- SunHydrogen is completing the build-out of the 100 prototype solar hydrogen units that include solar cell assembly with applied coatings and catalysts, and the housing for safe hydrogen collection. For the manufacturing of the solar hydrogen panels for demonstration, the company is working with Suzhou GH New Energy Tech Co., LTD and Suzhou Maimaosi Sensor Technology Co., LTD, both based in Suzhou, China.
In 2019, SunHydrogen demonstrated 1000 hours of continuous hydrogen production utilizing Gen 1 cell technology, which allowed it to then focus on scaling up the technology.
SunHydrogen anticipates completing the 100 demonstration units in the beginning of Q2 of 2021, enabling the company to leverage them as further proof of concept as it looks to accelerate its nano technology development.
SunHydrogen’s Gen 2 program is one that the company believes is most economical from a technology and commercial viability standpoint.
The company is now working with two different companies – one in Colorado and one in Germany – that are fabricating and testing the manufacturability of Gen 2 technology structure at sizes needed for commercial viability.
What You Need to Know
- SunHydrogen is developing a breakthrough, low-cost technology to make renewable hydrogen using sunlight and any source of water, including seawater and wastewater.
- Unlike hydrocarbon fuels, such as oil, coal and natural gas, where carbon dioxide and other contaminants are released into the atmosphere when used, hydrogen fuel usage produces pure water as the only by product.
- By optimizing the science of water electrolysis at the nano level, its low-cost nanoparticles mimic photosynthesis to efficiently use sunlight to separate hydrogen from water, ultimately producing environmentally friendly renewable hydrogen. Using its low-cost method to produce renewable hydrogen, the company intends to enable a world of distributed hydrogen production for renewable electricity and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.
Visit their website.
At the Last Futurist, we see the true value of this company on a speculative level at $0.23 and see it as a buy for the long term at a price below $0.15. This is not financial advice, just a company we like and continue to like. Always do your own due diligence. It has a sister stock we recommend as well: $BSRC.
After our June article, we wrote about it again in November 2020. In addition we remain bullish about the long-term prospects of $GNUS due to considerable Ad revenue growth during the pandemic. We believe that stock is currently undervalued at $2.
Follow SunHydrogen updates here.
You must hold the stock until the viability of Gen 2 is better understood. We are long on innovative startups we see that could be important to the future of their sector. While the stock’s speculative value has gone up 10x, we remain the same. Their patents are quite valuable.
They could be an important startup for the optimization of water electrolysis at the nano level with low-cost nanoparticles that mimic photosynthesis to efficiently use sunlight to separate hydrogen from water, ultimately producing environmentally friendly renewable hydrogen.
As always you can follow the $HYSR’s stock price in real-time here.